GW2: Frostgorge Sound Champion Farming Guide (GuildWars2Hub.com)
September 16, 2013 Leave a comment
Thanks to GuidWars2Hub.com, we have a great guide for farming gold and items in-game killing champion mobs in Frostgorge Sound.
In this guide we present to you the most efficient method that the Guild Wars 2 community uses to farm Frostgorge Sound. Please note that some farming leaders might do a slightly different route, but the vast majority will follow the exact pattern below. I would recommend that you set your graphics to “low” so that you load quickly after Waypointing, so you can keep up with the pack otherwise the Champion you are moving to next will be dead before you get there.
While Champion Farming isn’t exciting (and does get boring quickly) it yields a good return of money especially if you sell all the Fine and Masterwork materials you obtain as well as the crafting drops. The “bags” from Champion enemies also contain anywhere from 5 to 7 silver, with a single rotation of the map tending to yield 40 silver from those loot bags alone.
As a last couple of tips, be sure to have a swiftness skill equipped and be sure to guest on a very highly populated server. Getting left behind the farming group will ensure you don’t get to “tag” the Champions and staying on your realm (if it isn’t particularly popular) will decrease your chances of finding a zerg to farm with.
1. Enter the zone at Drakkar Waypoint. Immediately besides this (in the water) is a Champion Icebrood Fish. Loot – Gilded Strongbox
2. Exit the water and follow the bank on your right hand side and head towards the Champion Icebrood Kodan. Please note he sometimes spawns at the Skill point besides Drakkar Waypoint. Loot – Gilded Strongbox
3. Depending on if the Champion Icebrood Kodan spawned besides the skill point or over the water, just nearby is the Champion Icebrood Norn.Loot – Gilded Strongbox
4. Head towards the waters edge and submerge, heading straight to the bottom in a south-east direction. Underneath a stone archway, amongst lots of reeds is a Champion Undersea Ice Wurm. Loot – Fallen Adventurer’s Backpack
5. Teleport immediately to Skyheight Steading Waypoint and follow the path south, before turning west. On the ridge is a Champion Ice Drake Broodmother. Loot – Fallen Adventurer’s Backpack
6. A Champion Quaggan sometimes spawns besides the Broodmother as an event, and is a bonus Champion to kill on your farm. Please note that he is on a reasonably lengthy timer, so he tends to appear once every 5 rotations. Loot – Shell Pouch.
7. Once the Quaggan/Broodmother are dead, teleport to Earthshake Waypoint to the far east of the map. You should then run west, as if you were to jump into the troll ravine but instead of falling down jump over the edge and onto the opposite side, avoiding all the enemies below. Cross over the platform and on the other side, when you’ve dropped down, is aChampion Snow Troll. Loot – Oversized Rucksack
Once the Champion Snow Troll is dead, teleport back to Drakkar Waypoint to repeat the process.