ESO: What Are Veteran Ranks?
March 13, 2014 Leave a comment
With the launch of ESO coming in just a couple weeks, we have a look at what you can expect when you get to “endgame”.
After reaching the level cap of 50 in ESO, you then start into the “elder content” which includes Veteran Ranks. This is another series of level progression that unlocks more gear, etc. There will be Adventure Zones and such for 24-man content, but your story and character’s “single player” progression doesn’t just end at level 50.
Thanks to Force’s video for a walkthrough of Veteran Ranks.
How Do Veteran Ranks Work?
1. At level 50, you receive Veteran Rank 1.
2. Veteran Ranks increase from 1 to 10.
3. Each Veteran Rank level increase gives you +10 into your Magicka, Health, and Stamina.
4. Gaining Veteran Ranks does not give you more attribute points to spend. Those cap at 49 points (1 point, levels 2-50).
5. Gear will require Veteran Rank 3, Veteran Rank 6, etc., just like previous gear required you to be level 16 or 40 or the like in order to equip.
6. You earn XP and gain Veteran Ranks by completing content in the other factions’ zones. This occurs after you finish your personal story from your original faction’s content.
7. Mobs scale up to your level in enemy factions. So mobs will be Veteran Rank 1, etc. and start with about twice as many stats as previous mobs your level.
8. Veteran Rank content is PVE only; you don’t see enemy players.
9. Force reached Veteran Rank 1 (so, level 50) in under 4 days played in beta. So, that’s very quick leveling. We’ll see tons of Veteran Rank 2+ in the first week.